This six-week program provides low-income children with opportunities to have fun and learn in a safe, nurturing environment. This year’s camp may look a little different than it has in the past, but it will still be fun-filled. Campers will enjoy themed weeks, enrichment activities, sports, arts and crafts, and field trips.
Malachi Center is following Stay SafeOhio guidelines for day camp using masks, frequent hand-washing and hand sanitizer, sanitizing surfaces, and practicing social distancing.
To make the Malachi Center Summer Camp a success we need your help – and hope you will consider sponsoring a camper:
$20—Provides one day of camp for one child
$80—Provides one week of camp for one child
$480—Provides six weeks of camp for one child
You can donate at the link below or by calling Deby Auerbach-Brown at 216-771-3036. Thank you!
We are also in need of the following items for the camp:
- Sanitizing wipes and cleaning supplies
- We’re looking for healthy snacks in large quantities as well.
- We need 36 containers to hold individual supplies for children in Summer Camp — The activity boxes are what we are using so everyone has their own individualized supplies.
- Individual Supplies — (Small size so they fit in the box) Bubbles, Sidewalk chalk, Playdough, Fidget spinners, Yoyos, Watercolor pencils, etc.
- We also need water bottles for the children and jugs of water — we will be using both (one for field trips and one for here since we don’t have access to our water fountain.)
- Yard games — Frisbees, Scoop ball sets, rubber horseshoe game, rubber bowling game, etc.
- The older children will be earning service hours as their new roll of Junior Counselor(JC) They will earn gift cards per number of hours they have service. We are collecting donations of Gift Cards — places that are close to Malachi Center — McDonald’s, Mitchell’s ice cream, Happy’s Pizza, Wendys, etc.